November 9, 2010

Unchained mElody

        

         My brother John's fiance' Elody gave me a critical piece of advise the other day that I've been challenged to take to heart and chew on. She said,"Be very very carefull about the internal dialogue you have with yourself about your life and career because what you think about daily will manifest....be it good Or bad!".  My continued worries and fretting (about things totally out of my control: like my auditions and the limited state of affairs in the American musical theatre) leaves me nervous and anxious.  It's no way to live wondering about all the close calls and what ifs.   Believing a kind, empowering word can be like climbing Everest and its so hard to do.  Why can't we step out of ourselves and see what the world sees?  We are always the last to understand our own beauty. I guess that that's the journey everyone is on....to find a stillness and peace within our insane circumstance. This is a lesson Ive learned from my little brother Tank.  His future is brighter than his past and he knows it. I spend so much time reflecting on the past and being worried about the future that I miss the perfection of the present moment.  "What a waste", he would say, "of our life-time!"  Happiness is a full time hobby and requires diligent focus and attention otherwise you end up seeing the world through my eyes.  And that's a world blurred behind an unnecessary scrim.  This must be the final chapter of that person........that guy.  The End.  It's like faking a smile.  Eventually you end up smiling right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment